Friday, December 18, 2009

Bean Bag Chairs and Joe Joe's

So, while Kevin was away this week in Tampa for a conference, Pam, our good friend Pam from pharmacy school Pam, stayed overnight one night to help hold down the fort.  Although Kari was not on her best beahavior, we did manage to spend a little bit of quality time together.  Pam also arrived bearing Christmas gifts.



She found these fabulous bean bag chairs- updated and so much sturdier than the pleather yellow and brown ones Mark and I had growing up.  (I can't remember who, but one of us jumped on the yellow one a little too hard and, poof, went the little Styrofoam balls all over the room.)  Pam thought it was a bit silly getting one for Bryce, but ever the pragmatic shopper, she did anyway, and no worries; I am making sure both are getting put to good use.




                               Catching a few minutes of Madagascar before bed.




 Pam also stopped by Trader Joe's and picked up an embarrassingly large supply of  Peppermint Joe Joe's, affectionately nicknamed Crack Cookies.  Pam was nothing short of a((n) illegal) drug dealer populating the neighborhood with these addictive, round little pleasures.  My pantry is stocked, Natalie's is stocked, and poor Clawson's have only one box.  Natalie's pantry is stocked only because I, too, made an embarrassingly large purchase of cookies for her while at home two weekends ago.  I was able to take the cost of the Joe Joe's off my weekly daycare bill.  Who'd have ever thought you could barter cookies for daycare?  So, my cart was filled only with Joe Joe's and Kari when a lady walked up to me and proclaimed, "My, you must have some little cookie monsters at home!"  I asked her if she would believe me if I told her they weren't for me.  She looked at me square in the face, deadpan, and said, "No, I wouldn't."


Sigh.  But what do I care?  I've got Joe Joe's that perhaps will last me to Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment