Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Breakfast at the Keckler Diner

I think I've created a bit of a morning monster. Not too long ago I started following the blog of a Registered Dietitian from Tucson. It has interesting posts with healthy recipes and ideas and ways to eat fresh and locally grown food. So when a recipe for an easy pancake appeared, I thought I'd give it a try. Two months later, not only am I hooked but so are Kari and Bryce. And now this is what our kitchen looks like in the morning.

Fortunately, there is some prep work that can be done the night before. And the result? Happy faces in the morning and tummies filled with a nutritious hot breakfast.


I've modified the recipe a bit:
Per serving:
1/2 C old fashioned oats
pinch of cinnamon
Grind these two ingredients together in a food processor or food prep machine. (This is what can be done the night before.) Cover and set aside.
In the morning, take your dry mixture and add
one egg
splash of milk
splash of vanilla
Mix and pour into a fry pan. I coat the pan with non-stick spray.
Voila'! Serve with peanut butter (for some additional protein) and light syrup.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the link! Glad your kiddos like the oatmeal pancakes. Mine love them :)

    ReplyDelete