Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Milestones

This weekend happened to be chock full of milestones for Kari.  Probably the most exciting for us is that she officially learned to tie her shoes.  I still distinctly remember learning to tie my shoes and wanting to wrap the lace more than once around my fingers and not understanding why you only had to do it once.  I was well into kindergarten.  I know this will be a huge help to Kari's current teachers and her teachers next year already knowing how to tie laces.
Probably the most exciting thing for Kari was upgrading to a booster car seat.  My original plan was for her to stay in the forward facing infant-toddler car seat until kindergarten (this is the safest seat and should be maxed out in height and/or weight before moving to a booster) but when we could barely maneuver the straps around her winter clothes, much less her winter coat, I knew it was time to move on up.
Yes, I know there are four booster seat boxes.  No, I am not trying to compete with Michelle Duggar.  After stumbling across a closeout sale at Menards of all places, I decided the grandparents needed one too.

Kari also went to her first sleepover this weekend.  Fortunately for us, it was right down the street at Nolan's.  Even though we spend a good amount of time down there, I still wasn't entirely convinced Kari would make it all night; I half expected a phone call in the middle of the night asking to be picked up, but it never happened.  She happily headed off to church with them and was deposited back to us later Sunday morning.  Tired, yes, but clearly a very positive first experience with sleepovers!

And then last night Kari decided to make her own sandwich for dinner.  What kind of sandwich did she concoct?  You may regret asking: peanut butter, colby jack cheese, ham and turkey.  Yup, and she enthusiastically ate it again tonight too.

No comments:

Post a Comment