Monday, May 14, 2012

Teacher Appreciation

We love all the staff at Kari and Bryce's school.  And when we say all, we mean it.  One of Bryce's favorite people at school is Laura, the custodian.  She is always so warm and friendly and loves that Bryce is always asking her questions about what she's doing.  Kari loves her too, but I think it's mainly because she always has a little container of something sweet for them to pick out on their way home each day.  She's such a good woman!  And that's just one of many examples of why we feel so lucky to have both Kari and Bryce there.

And so with Teacher Appreciation Week last week, I couldn't help myself but to make something for the staff and teachers.  For the staff, including Laura, we picked out double-walled tumblers and filled them with candy and a note saying, "Thanks for being so sweet!"
For their teachers, I did a little more.  I actually did this last year for each of their teachers and it was a super easy project and one that could be used daily at work: aprons.  Thanks, once again to Prophetstown where Natalie and I attended an apron making class a few years back and part of the class was getting to keep the pattern.  I've gotten a lot of mileage out of that pattern!




No comments:

Post a Comment