Sunday, June 17, 2012

More Good Times at The Farm

We have had some absolutely fantastic experiences at Prophetstown lately.  I'm not sure if it's because there's been a push to develop some loosely organized programming for visitors or if Kari and Bryce are just at a better age to get involved, but we got to engage in some more 1920's daily life again on Saturday.


Prophetstown owns a working 1920's electric washing machine.  We learned that most washing machines at this time were not electric, so this made it quite unique, but what made the machine ahead of its time is that it actually had a spin cycle!  No need for a dangerous wringer!  Simply amazing.

A few weeks ago we Kari and I also had a chance to milk one of the cows.  I didn't have my camera with me but another local family was nice enough to snap a couple shots and email the pictures.  I couldn't resist when I was offered the chance to give it a try.  It certainly gives you a greater appreciation for where our milk comes from!

And of course it wouldn't be a visit to the Farm without saying hello to the Belgian draft horses.  Several of the horses were working in the fields harvesting and baling hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment