Saturday, November 2, 2013

A Batty 2013 Halloween

I can officially say that I'll take a rainy Halloween night any time!  What a splendid way to curb the intake of candy and keep the candy inventory low in the house.  On the downside, our hand-out bowl looks like it was hardly touched.  That will be heading to the College of Pharmacy candy jar first thing Monday morning!

As usual, we had a neighborhood pizza party prior to trick-or-treating.  It's great to visit with the neighbors, see everyone's costumes and then head out in a monster sized posse.

Kari and Bryce's costumes were once again homemade, but with the help of one of my favorite bloggers.  I made my own bat pattern and the kids got to pick out the satin of their choice.



 Posing with our favorite high school neighbor, Maggie!


We had the added treat of one of my former co-workers and good friend, Tiffany, come to town for a quick overnight visit.  Tiffany lives in AZ now but was back in Indy for a conference.  She made the drive up and spent the night with us.  Kari's piano that she received for her birthday two years ago came from Tiffany.  It was really special to have them sit down and play a couple songs together.  I joked when Tiffany sat down to play a little Journey from memory that the piano was secretly saying, "Thank you!" for playing more than one note at a time :)



No comments:

Post a Comment