Thursday, September 24, 2009

Cut From The Same Cloth

Tuesday was picture day at Kari's school.

While we were in Glen Ellyn last weekend, mom brought out a dress she made for me when I was about Kari's age. Actually, I figure I had to have been a little older than Kari because I distinctly remember having the dress on but not wanting to wear it because "it poked me." (Perhaps there was a lingering pin left somewhere in the stitching?) Mom thinks that I didn't wear it more than one or two times, of which once was for a professional picture with Mark. I feel bad knowing Mom put such effort and time into making the dress and likely had envisions of me happily wearing it. I'm sure she was so proud of her work when she was finished, only to have me yanking it off before it was barely on.

Fast forward 30-some odd years, and because I love traditions, I jumped at the idea of having Kari wear the dress for her school picture. The first words out of her mouth as I'm pulling the dress over her head?

"I not like that!"


Sigh. Like mother, like daughter.




Fortunately, she got over it rather quickly and was quite proud to parade around in it that morning. I'll be excited to see how pictures turn out, but in the meantime we have video of the infamous dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment