Monday, May 3, 2010

Granola

I think I've officially perfected my granola recipe. Actually, I can't really call it mine; my cousin Heidi was kind enough to share her recipe with me. I've tweaked it a bit (mostly made it a bit sweeter) and now I can't make it enough. Kari and I both love to eat it with yogurt. I wish y'all had Emeril Lagasse's Smell-o-Vision right now. It's de-lish.



This week is Teacher Appreciation week at Kari's school. I made a double batch of the granola last week and decided it would make a nice gift for Kari's teachers. Using yogurt bottles from Traders Point Creamery turned out to be a great gift-giving vessel and it felt good to re-purpose the bottles rather than straight recycle them. I also found some free gift tag templates from a pretty cool blog I happened to stumble upon.




This afternoon was beautiful. After Bryce's less than stellar nap (again), we spent some time outside. It was so nice to just sit in the grass, feel the wind on our cheeks and watch the birds fly around.

Tomorrow is the Lafayette Farmers Market. We didn't have time to go to the season opener on Saturday, so Bryce and I will head down tomorrow and check out what's available in the early season. Likely a lot of asparagus and crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment