Monday, February 21, 2011

I Only Pretend I'm Crafty

I follow some craft and sewing blogs quite religiously, so it's no surprise that I've got more projects I'd like to do than I actually have time for. But, I was able to complete a couple this weekend while Grand-MO and Aunt Laura were here.

First up is this upcycled sweater vest. It was surprisingly an easy little project and not overly time consuming. I wasn't brave enough to attempt the V-neck (I know my sewing limitations) but the finished product looked quite, quite professional!


This next project is not an idea from any one particular place. But, I was inspired by whom the gift is for. My best friend from high school, Amy, is about to have Baby #3. Photography and documenting events and occasions have always been super important to her. I always appreciated that about Amy. And because I know she loves to document the important milestones in her kids' lives, I decided to make monthly onesies for her. I corresponded most of the shirts to the month's major holiday. This was quite a fun project I was able to complete using my Silhouette.




They all turned out really well and will be a gift to use throughout the whole year. Big sisters Abby and Emily are also getting t-shirts to wear to the hospital. Amy, I sure hope you're not reading this!

No comments:

Post a Comment