Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Back Together Again

It's good to be back together again. This past weekend we were all scattered. Kevin in Las Vegas, Kari down at Gran and Beep Beep's, and Bryce and I at home. While everyone enjoyed themselves in different surroundings, it always feels good to get back into our own beds and regular routines.

Kari stayed non-stop busy this weekend. She had a play date with her "cousin" (for lack of a better term, I have no idea how to identify Ella family-wise other than cousin), went to the zoo, made brownies, played outside, played games, went to church and went to a volleyball game.

No pictures from Sin City.

I enjoyed the extended one-on-one time with Bryce. We did things at our own pace. It was so refreshing.
I was actually in the kitchen quite a bit. I made my first batch of homemade granola and also a new muffin recipe. I recently introduced a friend to Weetabix. She in turn found a recipe incorporating Weetabix. I was so excited to give it a try since all we've ever used it for was breakfast and making a fruity hot cereal for Kari, and eventually Bryce. For those of you with little ones, Weetabix is a wonderfully healthy alternative to their regular breakfast routine. Unfortunately, I've only been able to find it at Whole Foods, so I stock up whenever I can. Give them a try, Mate!

These next pictures of Bryce were inspired by something I saw on American Idol recently. Many evenings they'll show contestant baby pictures and someone had put their baby in a big soup pot. Thinking back to Bryce's pumpkin pictures, I just had to give it a try; unfortunately either my soup pot's too small or Bryce is getting too big. (I think it's the latter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment