Friday, March 25, 2011

Crazy Town

So I recently found a nifty little on-line contest. Crafting? Creating? Something new? Certainly not me! But I was intrigued because it was a contest making a top for a boy. Hmmm. Little boy? Yup, I have one of those in my stash. Spray paint? Check. Silhouette and freezer paper? Check check. All I had to do now was come up with something original.

So, I've been thinking. A lot. This was not easy for me (the coming up with something new part, not the thinking part, friends) but I started thinking of what he's good at and how that could be incorporated into a shirt. At almost 20 months old he's definitely good at some things-- throwing food, throwing toys, screaming, squirming during diaper changes, and in general, driving me crazy.



Ah! And yet another thing the little guy is good at- running away from the camera! Wow, it's hard to take good pictures of a moving target! (Yep, I most certainly did hoist him up on the trunk of my car. That kept him relatively contained for about 33 seconds.)

12 comments:

  1. Cute shirt ... and I love your cute little bundle of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so precious! I am on that bus too- next stop crazy town!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is cute. I need one for my 22 mo old daughter and one for the puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, found you through the I Am Momma link up. Off to snoop around your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! My son is 4 years old now but I certainly remember the days of being on the verge of going crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute and clever, and so true. lol. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally cute and totally true. I would so love a Silhouette. Seeing projects like this make me wish even more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute!! my little guy could use this shirt today :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this shirt is so cute and so is the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another Mum to a 2yo here - I know what you mean about going crazy! Great t-shirt - it turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a good laugh at this shirt. Whenever my husband calls home I answer "Crazy Town". We have 5 year old twin girls and 2 year old twin boys. Imagine your little guy doubled and running in opposite directions! That pretty much sums it up. I love your shirt and may just have to make a couple myself! :)

    ReplyDelete