Friday, March 4, 2011

An Interesting Idea

Recently I stumbled across the Thank You Note Project. Go ahead. Check it out; I'll wait for you.

I used to hate, hate, hate writing thank you notes. Mom would be the first to affirm that. When baby Kari arrived people were so generous with gifts, meals and support that I had to quickly brush up on my thank you writing skills. And almost 100 thank yous later I was like a well-oiled machine. The surprising thing, though, was that it started to be less of a chore and instead, kind of fun. Of course, fun and interesting stationary makes it all the more enjoyable, so I try and keep an eye out for little packs of cards whenever I'm in the card section at the store.

It seems like good thank you writing has become a lost art. People rarely take the time to write something thoughtful, unique and sincere, so the idea of writing a thank you note everyday for a year is quite intriguing. I'm a little afraid of the commitment of the project idea but certainly it would help keep my thank you note skills in shape all the while taking time to be thankful each day.

So, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment