Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lazy Days at Home

Our days like this are numbered.



A week from next Monday Bryce will be starting a new chapter in his life. His name was recently drawn for the next open spot at Kari's school. While this is an exciting time, it also means saying goodbye to Natalie who has cheerfully watched Kari and Bryce for more than four years, watching and caring for them like they were her own kids. I would not trade the in-home daycare experience for anything, but this, too, had to end.

This afternoon I brought Bryce to the center to introduce him to his new teachers, classmates and to check out the room. He'll be in with nine other toddlers and have two teachers. I sat with him for the first 30 minutes and then Kevin and I had parent-teacher conferences for Kari and Bryce was left in the room for 30 minutes without us, and surprisingly, did not cry. (I don't know, however, if he tried to stick his hand in anyone's mouth.)

No comments:

Post a Comment